Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Week 10 Course Reflection

Coming into this course I did not really know what to expect.  I hadn’t had really any experience with Intelligent Buildings before this term.  I actually have never even heard that term before.  After completing the course, I now have a great understanding of what the term “Intelligent Building” actually means and it was very interesting to learn about.  I have always wanted to take a course that would teach me more about BIM ever since I was introduced to it on one of my Co/ops.  This, along with many of the other topics covered in this course, were interesting to learn about and very applicable to the real world.

I found the guest speakers to be a nice change of pace and very useful tool.  Instead of coming to class and doing the same thing every week, it was always something new and exciting.  I also enjoyed how most of the time it was group work instead of just a 3 hour lecture.  I learn things a lot better when I am actively working with other people as opposed to just being talked at for a long period of time.  The course had a very good flow to it and it was very rarely boring.

Another thing that was good about this course was that I always knew what was expected of me.   All the assignments were explained fully and clearly and I always knew exactly when they were due.  This made it easy to plan out my work and get everything done in a timely manner.  I also liked the blog posts because it allowed me to reflect on what I learned in class, or get a preview of what was going to be talked about in class.  It also allowed me to see what some of my classmates were learning and it helped me learn even more from them.


Overall, I really enjoyed this class and I think it was very beneficial.  I learned a bunch of new things and had fun doing it.

Comments:

To Brian:  I agree, I think it was very interesting to learn more about what is going to happen in the future with Intelligent Buildings instead of only focusing on what is happening in the present.


To Jeremy:  I too did not know what to expect when first coming in to this course.  It was definitely interesting to learn what Intelligent Buildings are all about though, and to see what they could be like in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment