Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Course Reflection

Course Reflection
This course impresses me a lot. I could say it’s my first time to take a course like this. Course content involve with advance technologies. And it’s not just giving you the basic principles of BIM, sensors or database, but we can hear from guest speaker who really have experience about these new technologies. Those experiences we learned will not only help us on understanding, but also help us on experimental side. For the BIM assignment, we have a deeper understanding of families’ components. We learned how to create an object by ourselves. In the future, we can create something that we need, this can make things effective. The database is kind of relating everything we learned in this term together. I don’t know much about MS Access at the beginning and I thought it was useless software in my computer for many years. But after doing research and listen to the guest speaker. I realize that this powerful tool makes all kinds of data organized, easy to find. We not only learned how to create things, but also how to organize them for future use. I think these technologies are important; they are the ways to lead to success in the future.
     The blog post is another wonderful learning tool. I didn't like it at first, because it took so much time to do. But once you get used to it, I feel it’s really help for study. You are not just learned by yourself, you can learn a lot of things from other people’s posts. On the other hand, we interacted with each other to learn knowledge better. In class, the group discussion enhance extend our knowledge.

     Overall, after ten weeks of learning, I feel building in the future will not only involve with architecture idea, but also stuff from other field. Different kinds of technologies made our building intelligent.


To Jeremy:
     I agree with you that course assignments and guest speakers were helped a lot by understand the definition of intelligent building.I would recommend this course to other students too.

To Signe:
     The topic in this class is broader than I thought. But they are related to each other somehow. It is real that this course will help our project in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment