Monday, March 10, 2014

Final Blog Post - Phil Brubaker



                For this final blog post for AE-510 we were asked to reflect on the course as a whole and to discuss how the topics discussed throughout the entire course could one day prove to be useful or helpful in either our professional careers or simply in our futures.  This is a much broader approach to a blog post than the blog posts for the past weeks of this course and is a perfect way for us as students to summarize all of the ideas, concepts, and topics we’ve discovered or discussed throughout the course that we found to be, in our opinions, the best.  This open-ended blog post topic is also an excellent way for us as students to evaluate the course in general and to provide feedback on the aspects of the course that we liked or disliked and found either beneficial or disadvantageous to our ever-growing pool of collegiate level knowledge. 
                In the beginning of this course ten weeks ago I was very unsure of how this course was going to be structured, and quite frankly, I was unsure that I was going to actually learn anything that I would find either helpful to my professional career or simply enjoyable at all.  I was under the naïve assumption that this course was going to be a dig biscussion about what the fantasy buildings of the future may look like or be able to do.  That naïve assumption of mine was proven wrong week after week after week when we learned about the various technologies that design companies are incorporating into the buildings they envision and propose today, often told to us by members of those companies or members of companies who work with those companies. 
                Overall, after ten weeks of this course I can say that this course has been one of the most informative courses I’ve had the opportunity to take here at Drexel University in terms of the advanced technologies utilized in current buildings, and what advanced technologies may be utilized in buildings of the future.  Each week I learned something new and I know that some of the information I learned from this class will without a doubt prove to be useful throughout my professional career.


Comments:

Steve:                   Good post, although one of your comments (I won’t say which one) is a bit mean and unnecessary.  I personally disagree with your opinion and found [the person to which you were referring to]’s opinions to be quite excellent really!    It’s a good thing we all know you’re just joking around, but maybe you should take this person out for some coffee to cheer them up, perhaps with a gift card you might win in another course? Just a suggestion…

Andrew:              Good post! I’m glad to see you learned a lot in this course because I know that if anyone in this course will use the information discussed in this course throughout their professional career, it will be you!  In this course

No comments:

Post a Comment