Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Course Reflection

Prior to taking this course, I thought its content would be focused on BIM - how to use the different programs and also the design of intelligent buildings itself. I can’t say I’m disappointed; its content is just very far from what I imagined.

As for most things, you never really realize how much lies behind a specific topic, before you actually know. I’ve never looked into databases, and truly thought, “How hard can this be?” Now, I know better, and I am super appreciative that there are people working with this stuff.

This course has a much broader perspective on the building than I thought it would. We’ve touched subjects such as sensors, robotics, databases etc., which I must admit, I’ve never given much thought. It has truly been interesting, even though I really don’t know how much I’m going to use for example MS Acces again.

When we were divided into groups with different subjects, I thought everyone would just focus on their own topic and not even reading each other’s posts. I was quite surprised by how many people commented on completely different topics, which was great. It was also fun to read our classmate’s blog posts – one thing is that it was some interesting topics chosen, but it was also great because you know how much effort and energy everyone put into them.

I think the best thing has been to hear all the different people from the industry talking about their programs and what they think the future is holding.  Also, watching all those Youtube videos in the beginning of the term was very interesting, and it was quite amazing to see how much “the future” is already here.


This course has truly been a great course. Even though I expected something else, I think we’ve all learned a lot, which we can take with us to our future projects.


Comments: 

Andrew: Wauw, you can really say a lot without saying anything. Impressive work! A single period sign or two would've been nice. 

Steve: I think you summed up this class pretty good. I can relate to what you said about the new programs, and how it was a valuable experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment