Tuesday, March 11, 2014

AE 510 course reflection

In AE510: Intelligent Building, we get to experience many different technologies that are applied on buildings. Especially BIM is one of the leading program what has been developed for past few years. I was amazed about how the computer technology can make life much easier and simpler even in the job field. When I look back at myself for past few weeks, I did not know much about buildings other than columns and beams. Now, I talk about BIM all the time when I have a chance to have a building related conversation. Perhaps, I like BIM much more than any topics that were covered because I enjoy using Computer Aided Design programs. Database and sensors are fascinating as well, but I felt like it was too lightly to cover in class.

Another impact of this class is guest speakers. Unfortunately, I missed one class with passionate guest speaker about sensors. Besides that, all the guest speakers could make me understand well about the program, real application, and future of industry.

 This class is very creative class that let students to think and research more about up-to-date real application topic relate to near future. I hope many of the students can be influenced in a good way that helps them to lead the future of industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment